Friday, March 2, 2012

{my girl} Happy Birthday to my "favourite thing"

Miss TikiBoo turned 6 a couple of weeks ago. We had a little party based around the song "These are a few of my favourite things" from The Sound of Music.
Unfortunately not many photos were taken, but we had lots of brown paper packages tied up with string, Miss TikiBoo wore a white dress with a blue satin sash and we ate lots of her favourite things - popcorn, pizza, mini hotdogs.  Yum.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Is anyone else the only person in their family who takes photos?  I was pretty sad that all I managed to get were these, none of the decorations etc I spent so long making, and none of my pretty birthday girl.  I think

next time I have a party I'll have to find a photographer to come along and do it for me, it's such a shame to miss chronicling these special times.




If you have stopped by, it would be lovely if you could leave a comment or just say hello so I know that you've been here. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful details as always Kathryn! I am usually the photographer in my family although at our last two parties we were lucky that a couple of the guests were great with a camera - you being one of them! Designating or hiring a photographer is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous girly birthday. same problem at our place- the only decent photos of Liongirl's party were taken by the other little girls mother and emailed to me! There are also almost never any photos of me with the kids either. Sounds like she had a great day, my boy is 6 very soon, VERY different party plans going on over here at Betsy's! melx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pics Kathryn!
    lovely favourite things.
    I know what you mean, I also have a lack of pics once the party starts and also hardly any of me & even though I don't like being in pics I will be sad one day when my kids ask why I wasn't in many pics.
    note to selves : make sure we get a friend to be in charge of pic taking at parties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathryn,

    yes, sadly I am the only photographer in the household. My husband never ever thinks to grab a camera (the odd occasional shot on an iPhone doesn't count). There are no photos of me and I bet there are none of you either.
    Though my little boy is hopefully going to follow suit of me and he has his own camera - I am going to enrol him in a beginners photography course when he is old enough, I think that would be awesome for a child to do.

    here is one for you: I make a lot of things like you and had a huge (and I mean huge) gorgeous stock selection that I had to sell at a morning event last year.
    I had more stock than a shop I think - had one day to set it all up have my everything together and have my faculties about me ready for sales.
    It came and sold so quickly that it was gone before I had take 1 photo. Not 1 photo was taken and not a image to share but in my mind of how it all looked before. Time pressures to get so much stock finished took precedence over the importance of photos. Never again I say!


    Have a wonderful day,

    loulou, hereiamloulou blog 

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you vie Beach Vintage enjoy your cushion, :)) I love your blog & this post is gorgeous I feel the same I had my 40th a few years ago now but each time I look at them I feel sad that no one took a pick of me with by hubby & kids we were all to busy spreading ourselves around family & friends never got to catch the moment with just the 4 of us at least we are on picks just not together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, you just made me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails