Friday, September 16, 2011

And the winner is...

Commenter number 3, SALLY.

Sally, if you could please send me an email, I'll get your bag of goodies in the mail!

I'm not sure when I'll be back blogging, but it will be sometime next week.  We collected the keys to our new house yesterday afternoon, so today Mum and I will be over there cleaning cupboards and washing walls, as they aren't quite as clean as I would have expected (we spent 3 days scrubbing every inch of our house when we moved out).  Let's not even mention the state of the oven, or the fact that they didn't clean up the dog poo!   Luckily we have organised end of tenancy professional cleaners to sort out this rental next week.
Saturday is move in day, and we are excited to get into this house and start our new life of verandahs, decorating and entertaining!
I look forward to sharing our journey with you all.

And if anyone wants to drop over cake and coffee while we clean...


If you have stopped by, it would be lovely if you could leave a comment or just say hello so I know that you've been here. Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. How exciting! I know you have been waiting for what would seem like an eternity to get into your stunning new home so I am glad the day has finally arrived. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to hear all about the big move soon.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathryn

    I am so excited for you - but oh the pathetic cleanliness (or lack of) that some people have is revolting!.

    You will be exhilarated and exhausted at the same time.

    See you soon and I am happy to drop off tea and cake to you and your mumma - what suburb to do I need to attend?

    x
    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with cleaning Kathryn. It annoys the you-know-whats out of me when previous owners/tenants are too lazy to leave a house presentable.
    Looking forward to house pics!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo I won!!!

    Good luck with the move. A very exciting time indeedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is all the cleaning going? At least it is spring cleaning kind of weather at the moment. I remember the joy of cleaning Betsy for the first time, washing away those other people who had been living in MY house. Displaying all your stuff is much for fun though, enjoy. melx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodluck with the cleaning
    In our last house I actually threw the oven out because it was too hideous to clean
    It seems not many people bother with the simple courtesy of cleaning for the new owners any more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, you just made me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails