Monday, June 14, 2010

10 things I love about my world



Today I'm participating in a blog this challenge. I haven't participated for a while, but given I wrote the challenge I thought I should!

Blog This Challenge 48:

Select 10 things you love about your life and tell us why. It could be certain people, where you live, your local shop...include images if you like.


I started this off listing people and before I knew it I had reached number 8. So I've had to bundle them up a bit!

1. First of all my family. I mean, it goes witout saying, number one is my girl. From the minute I saw those two pink lines, she became the centre of my universe, but the rest of my family pretty much rock as well. Husband, parents, sister, cousins, grandparents, auntie & uncles. It would be pretty hard to find better!

2. Friends, both new and old. Last year we had a great little group that managed to catch up at least fortnightly. This year with people working, some kids at school, and one overseas, we don't see each other as often, but we still love each other. I was feeling a little lonely, until all of a sudden I got to know some of our kindy mums, and I have a whole new group of friends who all live locally. Some of our girls attend ballet together which is also a good excuse to grab a coffee and chat. Community kindergarten rocks! I have to add a special mention to my wonderful best friend I seldom see - love you lots xxx.

3. My home. I have a love/hate relationship with this place. If I had unlimited funds to renovate I could make it pretty special - new kitchen, paintwork and all the trimmings. It's a pretty good size for the three of us to rattle around in, and we have a nice pool. The location is good as well, not far from the city, we have cafes within a 3 minute drive, a big park/reserve down the road and my parents are 5 minutes away, which is really handy!

4. TikiBoo Kids. This little business has a special place in my heart. My daughter was the inspiration for it, and it gives me a creative outlet.

5. Coffee. Whether it's at home, the cute local cafe or a takeaway from the bakery, I love my coffee.

6. Travel. I have so many plans which revolve around travel. There is so much of the world still left to see. I want to explore more of France, that's number one. Canada, Italy, New York are also on the list, hopefully sooner rather than later.

7. Reading. I love to curl in my chair and read a book or magazine. Recently we rearranged a little and I now have a winter reading nook, not that I get to use it much, but sitting there with a cup of coffee and the latest Country Style is a little slice of heaven.

8. My gadgets. I love gadgets - my awesome overlocker, the kitchenaid, my iPhone. I'm itching to get an iPad but have to resist the whole first release issue.

9. Brisbane winters. As much as I do love the snow and real cold, it's nice to have these winters where I can still wander round in bare feet and sit in the sun with short sleeves. Brisbane summer though - not a fan.

10. I can't think of another, but I think that's a pretty good list. It makes me thankful for the good things and great people I have in my life!


3 comments:

  1. Great list Kathryn! I love these little things, they are a "get to know me better" in 10 steps ;)! Hope you are well and so great to see your business doing so well!
    Hugsxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely list and great collage of pics :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, you just made me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails