Friday, July 29, 2011

Tea for two

Photobucket



One of the things I really miss at the moment is my collection of antique and vintage teacups and saucers. I have around 20 sets or so, unfortunately they are in storage right now.

I was certain I had blogged about them before, however all I can find are a few images with one cup featured, such as this post and this one.

After the failed antiquing (when I had hoped to find some pretty cup and saucer sets) I decided that maybe new would have to do...for now. After coffee with the lovely ladies from Bubble and Sweet and Ah Tissue, I found a little kitchenware store and picked up these sweet pink pretties. Not vintage, not porcelain...but dishwasher safe!


I shall keep searching for some fine old china, but in the meantime will enjoy these.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I have some beautiful antique fine china my grandmother left me. I rarely use it because it is so fine and delicate. But I love to dust it and just stare at it sometimes. This probably makes me sound totally daggy but I don't care. Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I'd love to know where you got them from - they are divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - it doesn't sound daggy at all. I'm a fan of "don't save it for best", but when it has sentimental significance, then sometimes it's a bit to precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh they're Tre Cute - Love them... So gorgeous but I could never use them as I'd most likely break them. Such a clutz.
    But i like the idea of looking at them safely tucked away behind a glass screen such as this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really pretty. Love the pink. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn I've got a 'crazy tea set' which one or two or the same design. Sadly 90% of them are actually new but I still love it.

    I did find some lovely one off antique ones recently but didn't get them because I would just have to pack them away when we leave :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, you just made me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails