Friday, October 7, 2011

Garden progess

A little bit of a progress report!

As many of you know, I had originally planned to plant a row of Lillypillies along this front fenceline, although I'm not really that fond of them. I had rather a yearning to plant olive trees as I love the softer silvery grey of the foliage, rather than the dark glossy green.


Mum and went to a nursery earlier in the week, and these caught my eye! Any guesses as to what they are? Not the daisies, the bigger plants. Here's a clue - they grow to around 3 metres high, butterflies love the flowers.


I also had my heart set on potted daisies. We visited 5 different nurseries over the weekend, and could not find a single white. I begrudgingly bought some soft pink, and a yellow - then found white at the same place I bought the front plants! Hooray, shall go there first next time!


The Lavender will be going along the front here. I had planned it for along the entire front of the house, however, after being here a couple of weeks, we've noticed it doesn't get enough sun.  I'm thinking about white camelias instead.


The "man with the digger" dug us some holes. Luckily he made them far too large, as the soil along the front is not actually soil - it's a nasty mix of clay and fill.
My driveway is currently covered in a cubic metre of garden soil, ready to fill these and the vegetable garden which will be out the back.  I see a weekend behind the wheelbarrow...


Fun and games, I can't wait to get stuck into the planting and getting everything growing.

What are your weekend plans?


If you have stopped by, it would be lovely if you could leave a comment or just say hello so I know that you've been here. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Well this is the right time to plant your garden. The rain will do them good. How cool that you've got a great blank canvas to work with. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathryn,

    What a fun (and back breaking) time you will have - how exciting to work with a blank palette - that is the absolute canvas of creativity and shaping for you.

    have a gorgeous day and thank you for sharing my button on your side bar - I will send a shout out too

    x

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  3. These plantings will look brilliant Kathryn and while gardening is back breaking work it's probably the most satisfying.
    My weekend will be spent tidying up the house. Silly me thought a newly reno'ed house would always stay clean and fab looking...pfft!
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have a great blank canvas to start with! I'm going to do some gardening too, I don't have any big plan on the weekend.. Thanks for visiting my blog Kathryn, I started to follow your blog from yesterday, it's always good to find creative brisbane blogger! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Buddleia's! Of course! What a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathryn,

    I have found you through Miss Lou Lou's blog. I read your profile and we are both Librans, lovers of all things Paris/ French, Mummy's, Queenslanders and have similar tastes in movies/books. I'm looking forward to following your adventures. Happy Friday!

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, you just made me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails