Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cheering up Miss TikiBoo

Sometimes it's just the little things.

Miss TikiBoo wasn't feeling so great when I picked her up from school yesterday. She was grumpy. And whiney. She wanted this and that and to get something from the shop and to cry and whinge. I dragged her sobbing to the car, explaining that I had something for her at home.
Even though it was overcast and threatening to rain, I asked her to put out the picnic rug on our patch of grass, then I presented her with the sweet little teapot I found at our local antique store. Happy smiles, finally. She does love her cups of tea - basically a cup of milk with a dash of tea, but special to her and makes her feel grown up.
Tea always tastes better from a pot (even when it's just a squeeze of a teabag!).

Oh, and the Liberty print top she's wearing is a sneaky peek of our summer collection.





3 comments:

  1. It IS just the little things. So glad you could have a special moment with your GORGEOUS girl. A perfect day! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathryn

    thank you for coming by by blog to say hello and it has made me find my way to you - wonderful!

    A women after my own heart - tea parties! I love them and to share with a little poppet is the best too.

    have a lovely day

    x
    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely idea and the picnic blanket is so pretty! hope she is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, you just made me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails